2002 Chinuk Lu7lu / 2002 Chinook Jargon Gathering ... interested?!

Dave Robertson tuktiwawa at NETSCAPE.NET
Wed Feb 13 07:32:39 UTC 2002

IKTA MIKA TUMTUM? / IKTA MAYKA TeMTeM?

Konaway tillicum / kanawi-Laksta,

Klahowya! / LaXayam!

Let's plan this *way* in advance this year.

=> Where should this summer's gathering be held?
=> When?
=> Are you interested in being one of the organizers?
=> What should we definitely keep, or add, on the program?  (What has most helped you understand Chinook Jargon?)
=> What should we definitely stop doing, or change?  (What has confused or bored you the most?)

Please post your answers right here on the list.  This will be a completely public process.

There has been a little bit of discussion about this already, among some folks who helped make previous Lu7lu's happen.  One idea that I've liked quite a bit:  Having the 2002 Lu7lu near Bellingham, Washington, in early August -- because the Salish conference will be at the Lummi Reservation at that time.  More folks with similar interests might attend.

YOUR OPINION IS DESIRED!

-- Dave

--
"Asking a linguist how many languages she knows is like asking a doctor how many diseases he has!" -- anonymous