"Mucky-shmuck"

Liland Brajant Ros' lilandbr at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Mar 1 05:56:47 UTC 2002

>Of interest to some who follow the trajectory of words not only into and
>through, but out of pidgins and creoles, will be this case.  A fellow
>employee of mine here, who has't spent his whole life in the Northwest,
>nevertheless is fluent enough in our lingo to derisively refer to a certain
>wealthy businessperson as a "big mucky-shmuck".
>
>-- Dave

Any other attestations out there of either demonstratively Yiddish influence
on the Wawa and/or (as in this case) English coinages melding CJ and the
Mame Loshn (i.e. Yiddish)?  Maybe I'll do up a page on chinUk wawa in
yidish, along the lines of my Yiddish geoduck page.

http://www.geocities.com/lilandr/lingvoj/jida/zaytlekh/goykatshke.html

lilEnd