FYI First Nations Languages of British Columbia

Mike Cleven ironmtn at BIGFOOT.COM
Tue Mar 5 19:23:42 UTC 2002

Happened to find this excellent webref page for BC native languages;
some of you pro linguists must already know of its existence, but it's
the first I've seen of such a page organized like this for British
Columbia; language resources are generally not linked to band or other
government sites; incl. full bibliographies for each language.  I
actually found it through a typo in my search - Lilloet (sometimes found
in historical documents), which is the spelling the site author used.
There's not the same web penetration for BC of the actual languages as
such (in terms of on-line dictionaries, tutorials, actual webpages etc.)
as there seems to have been stateside and back east, e.g. the large
Tsalagi, Ojibway, Sioux/Plains and Dineh/Navajo language presence on the
Web.  In time, perhaps.....anyway, here's the link:

http://www.cnc.bc.ca/yinkadene/fnlgsbc.htm

and the page I found it through, for "Lilloet":

http://www.cnc.bc.ca/yinkadene/biblios/lillobib.htm
--
Mike Cleven
http://www.cayoosh.net (Bridge River Lillooet history)