Font with broken h for Demers

David D. Robertson ddr11 at COLUMBIA.EDU
Sun May 12 18:52:40 UTC 2002

Jeff,

Here's something from SSILA email bulletin #164 or so (the issue before the
latest one, I think).  The site mentioned has lots of good scripts, and may
contain what you need.

-- Dave

* Omniglot.com
 ^^^^^^^^^^^^
This elegant site provides comprehensive and authoritative information
on nearly every known script, from Mayan to Malayalam.  It is maintained
by a young amateur linguist in the UK -- Simon Ager -- whose day job is
designing and building websites for a multinational private education
provider.  He writes:

 My site has been around for about three years now -- it started off
 as a small section on another site but eventually became a separate
 site and has been growing ever since.

Omniglot provides a guide to over 200 different alphabets, syllabaries
and other writing systems including a few you will probably find nowhere
else (Klingon, Unifon, and Shavian, for instance).  It also contains
details of many of the languages written with those writing systems and
links to a wide range of related resources, such as downloadable fonts,
on-line dictionaries and on-line language courses.

Scripts are organized in four sections (alphabetic, syllabic, logo-
graphic, and "alternative"), each introduced by a lucid explanatory
essay.  The page for each script usually contains a brief history and
a complete chart of the full system.  An IPA page is included, and is
especially well presented.

The URL (bookmark this one!) is:

                      http://www.omniglot.com