Father Francois Marie Thomas OMI

Theresa Kishkan tkishkan at UNISERVE.COM
Sun Sep 1 00:50:07 UTC 2002

I don't know if this has been mentioned before but Sound Heritage Number 34
(1981), Now You Are My Brother: Missionaries in British Columbia, edited by
Margaret Whitehead, has a section on Father Thomas. He preached in Chinook
and insisted that the other missionaries did so as well. This would have
been in the Chilcotin area from about 1897 on....

Theresa K.
Theresa Kishkan
RR1 Site 20 C11
Madeira Park, B.C.
V0N 2H0
(604)883-2377
Red Laredo Boots (1996); Sisters of Grass (2000); Inishbream (2001)

"Our mark on the map might be rough trails or roads, open pastures, a wild
cartography of longing."