planning lecture in 2004

Ros' Haruo lilandbr at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Sep 1 21:32:33 UTC 2003

In the summer of 2004, I am hoping to make a presentation on "Lingvoj kaj
Interlingvoj de PraNOREKio (ghis 1906)" [i.e., "Languages and Interlanguages
of the Northwest Coast (up to 1906)"] at an Esperanto convention in Sidney,
BC. The lecture will be in Esperanto, of course, but I will certainly
welcome non-Esperanto-speakers and especially anyone who might be willing
illustratively to converse or declaim a bit in Chinuk Wawa.

I will be in Sidney this coming weekend for the regional Esperanto
conference (NOREK, Sept. 5-7 at the Mary Winspear Centre) and would be happy
to meet any Chinook list folks in that neighborhood.

In preparation for the proposed lecture, I am working, inter alia, on making
a presentable Chinook-Esperanto vocabulary list. The raw material (very much
in the early stages of editing) can be found at
http://www.scn.org/~lilandbr/cxp-eox.html and I invite comments on the CJ
side of it—I'm not sure where or when I got/made this list, and obviously a
lot of it consists of minor spelling variants.

If you have any suggestions or comments by all means email them to me.

lilEnd

        ROS' Haruo / 204 N 39th / Seattle WA 98103 / Usono
    lilandbr at scn.org / lilandbr at hotmail.com / tel 206-633-2434
TTT-Himnaro Cigneta : http://www.geocities.com/cigneto/pretaj.html
Nove en La Lilandejo : http://www.geocities.com/lilandr/novaj.html
      ("la Esperantisto antauxe nomata Liland Brajant Ros'")