TS Bulmer letter part 2 (Kamloops Wawa)

hzenk at PDX.EDU hzenk at PDX.EDU
Wed Apr 7 05:35:07 UTC 2004

Thanks very much, Dave.

Say, does anybody know anything about T.S. Bulmer, or more particularly, what
happened to the mass of Chinuk Wawa materials Pilling credits to him? (Pilling
pages 10-12).  He was evidently working on the definitive description of the
language, but none of it was ever published to my knowledge.  Pilling's list
includes Chinuk Wawa texts both by Eells and St. Onge; haven't checked through
it all, but I do know I've never heard of "Legends in Jargon, by Pere St. Onge,
with interlinear English translation..." anywhere else.  Are there Bulmer
Papers somewhere?  k'uy7 kakwa!  Henry