Lillooet Meadows = Pemberton Meadows?

Bernard Schulmann bernard at SHAMA.CA
Mon Nov 15 19:07:11 UTC 2004

Yes, you are right, Lillooet Meadows refers to Pemberton Meadows.

The name Lillooet comes from St'at'imc Lil'wat.   The location is at
Mount Currie and this is what the Lillooet river and lake are near
Pemberton.

For some reason that no one has ever been able to explain to me, the
town of Lillooet was named such in 1859 after having been refered to as
Cayoosh Flats or Fort Berens, or Parsonville by the settler population.

In St'at'imc, the location of the town of Lillooet is refered to as Sat.

Bernard, ex of Lillooet, not of Victoria