Online resource

Lee Shedden lee at BRINDLEANDGLASS.COM
Thu Oct 21 05:15:07 UTC 2004

This may be of interest:

the Canadian government has been putting early Canadian books
(pre-1900) online. I typed in "wawa" and got some interesting results
(for example, the "dilett wawa" reference in Charles Horetzky's "Canada
on the Pacific," which is a text I hadn't come across before).
"Skookum" gives a few more books with snippets of CJ in them. I'm sure
you could plug in any number of Jargon words and retrieve surprising
results. The link to the search engine for the collection is:

http://www.canadiana.org/ECO

(Ignore the "not logged in" message and go straight to the search.)

Lee