Percival R. Jeffcott Collection at WWU

kelvin oakstone kelvin_oakstone at YAHOO.COM
Wed Sep 22 21:54:23 UTC 2004

Hi Dave & All!

Finally moved into my new house here in Bellingham, it's time to finish my Thesis and get it to the committee.

This will include a tour or two through Western's collections. I will get copies for you of any relevant material I find.

On a similar note. I've just learned that another graduate student in the Anthro department here (WWU) wrote a thesis concerning CW some years ago. Her research apparently included conversations with a 90+ year old CW speaker here in Bellingham. Could be interesting. I do not know yet what she may have found with the Lummi at that point.

I will post the most interesting tidbits here. I look forward to 'rejoining' the community.

kloosh konaway,

Kelvin

PS  We now have a spare room for anyone headed this way! You are all welcome. It would be good for my two girls to hear CW from someone other than me. (I believe they think it is a language entirely for parenting!.. kloosh mitlait!.. klatawa musEm!.. chaku yakwa!.. hal okuk hehe ikta kupa mayka nus!)

Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 23:29:37 -0400
From: David Robertson

Subject: Percival R. Jeffcott Collection at WWU

Has any of you looked at the Percival R. Jeffcott Collection, in the Center
for Pacific Northwest Studies, at Western Washington University, in
Bellingham, Washington, by chance?

There are a few Chinook-related items there. If you're going, and can get
me some photocopies, thank you: Look for "Chinook" as well as "Rev. C.M.
Tate" in the finding aid. Let me know if there's anything else of interest
in the CPNWS holdings, please.

Klahawiam,

--Dave R