"Michael Walsh" conversation

David Robertson ddr11 at COLUMBIA.EDU
Sat Jul 2 18:20:04 UTC 2005

A letter to the editor from a Mike Walsh in our local weekly reminds me of
another question I've meant to post.

Did anybody take notes on that conversation about "Michael Walsh" and other
Chinuk Wawa (nick-)names at the recent Chinuk-Wawa Lu'lu?  It was
interesting stuff but my attention was dominated by the registration desk.

(For those who couldn't attend, "Michael Walsh" was the name a certain
itinerant preacher in the Pacific NW was known by.  This developed by
association with the well-known Chinuk Wawa hymn "Maika Wash kopa Jesus
Pilpil?" ("Are you washed in Jesus' blood?")

Thanks to anyone who can help me reconstruct the roundtable discussion on
these names.

--Dave