Garbled postings

David Robertson ddr11 at COLUMBIA.EDU
Sun Jul 10 01:51:10 UTC 2005

A list member enquires:

"I have cut and pasted a copy of one of the digests I've received lately.
Some messages are fine, some are entirely in code
["ZSBXb3JsZCBIYWxmd2F5IJcgTGVhcm4gYW5"], and some are broken up by what
appear to be symbols of punctuation ["Anderson=92s =93Hand-book an=
d=20
map=85=94 (1857), and which I call =93P"].  Is there anything that can be
done to fix this?"

Anyone know?  Thanks.

--Dave R.