Amanda Charnley on CJ

David Robertson ddr11 at COLUMBIA.EDU
Sat Mar 12 00:36:00 UTC 2005

http://www.globalairphotos.com/genealogy_old/waite/06waite_donald_e_05sluma
ch/index5.html

Interview with Amanda Charnley
Daughter of Peter Pierre, Slumach's Nephew

Tape Reel #1 Recorded April 26, 1978 at Don Waite's residence (in Maple
Ridge)
Questioning by Mike Collier on Uher 4200 3 _ IPS.

TAPE #3 (ROLL 3)

Question: Chinook language?

Answer: Made up language. French, Latin and Indian and all that mixed.
Just made up. I remember old Father Chirouse, he was pretty good at that.
My Father worked with the French missionaries (at Mission). He understood
French but couldn't speak it. He could understand Latin but couldn't speak
it. In the church he used to interpret the priests.