Clackamas Chinook Texts

Jeffrey Kopp jeffreykopp at ATT.NET
Mon Oct 24 11:49:18 UTC 2005

At 02:56 PM 10/23/05 -0700, you wrote:
>Does anyone know whether Melville Jacobs "Clackamas Chinook Texts" is available on line as a pdf anywhere?
>
>Aron Faegre

Page images may be viewed at UW Libraries' Web site: http://content.lib.washington.edu/cgi-bin/htmldoc.exe?CISOROOT=/lctext&CISOPTR=1584

I doubt a .pdf has been released nor may be anticipated soon, as it was pub 1936 and is therefore most likely still in copyright by University of Washington Press.

I took a look for used copies and found none offered by Amazon, Powell's nor Alibris. However, http://www.alanmacfarlane.com/newlist/ANT3.HTM shows a good cond copy available by mail for a modest 5 pounds UK, although placing an order may be a bit awkward as the vendor only accepts funds in pounds sterling.

Regards,

Jeff