CJ Christmas Songs

Francisc Czobor fericzobor at YAHOO.COM
Fri Oct 28 09:26:01 UTC 2005

I looked at the CJ religious hymns from the 19th century's sources accessible to me (Demers et al.: Chinook Dictionary, Catechism, Prayers and Hymns; Eells: Hymns in the Chinook Jargon Language; Hale: An international idiom...) but I didn't find anything special for Christmas.
There is also Le Jeune's "Chinook Hymns" (http://www.canadiana.org/ECO/PageView/15468/0003), but it's written entirely in Duployan shorthand, with which I'm not familiar, only the titles are given in CJ with Roman script. But none of these titles suggest something connected to Christmas.

aLki weXt,
Francisc

Maria Pascua <mcrcmaria at CENTURYTEL.NET> wrote:

Are there any Christmas songs translated into Chinook Jargon?  One of the students in the Makah Language Community Classes wanted to know if there has been any translations done on Christmas Carols and I told him I would post this and see.  Thank you.  Maria

To respond to the CHINOOK list, click 'REPLY ALL'. To respond privately to the sender of a message, click 'REPLY'. Hayu masi!