Olympic snowboarding connection with Chinook Jargon

David Robertson ddr11 at COLUMBIA.EDU
Sat Feb 18 17:46:48 UTC 2006

I couldn't resist posting this.

While watching CBC Winter Olympics coverage last night, I thought I heard
the name Rebagliati associated with the winner of the first Olympic
snowboarding medal ever.  (Nagano, Japan, 1998.)  A bit of googling shows
that he's from Vancouver; his grandmother Sylvia Rebagliati was mentioned
as well, and she appears to be from Lytton.  In a couple issues of
Kamloops Wawa, a Mr. Rebagliati who was acquainted with Father Le Jeune
advertised his Lytton ranch for sale.

The funniest connections happen sometimes.

--Dave R