CJ "man" borrowed as suffix into another Salish lg

Leanne Riding riding at TIMETEMPLE.COM
Fri Jan 27 21:47:58 UTC 2006

Is there any possibility that Salish was the source of -man in CJ as we
know it, or at least a major participant in causing -man to be present
in CJ? I suggest this because Salish speakers could have contributed to
CJ as early as 1811 or so, when Astor's outfit became interested in the
Okanagan region.