Point Elliott treaty

Maria Pascua mcrcmaria at CENTURYTEL.NET
Thu Jul 20 22:21:23 UTC 2006

I would love to see a copy of that treaty in CJ.  At the CJ workshop last
year one of the linguists mentioned working on a treaty translation before,
but did not have a copy with him to share with us.  I look forward to seeing
this post - Thanks Dave!
Maria

-----Original Message-----
From: The Chinook List [mailto:CHINOOK at LISTSERV.LINGUISTLIST.ORG]On Behalf
Of David Robertson
Sent: Thursday, July 20, 2006 12:17 PM
To: CHINOOK at LISTSERV.LINGUISTLIST.ORG
Subject: Point Elliott treaty

Have we previously discussed the Point Elliott treaty?  I've just returned
from some archival research with a copy of a Jargon translation of a speech
made to the assembled tribal representatives.  If you haven't seen this
before, I'll try to type it up and post it.

--Dave R

To respond to the CHINOOK list, click 'REPLY ALL'.  To respond privately to
the sender of a message, click 'REPLY'.  Hayu masi!