CJ speaker on US coin

Jeffrey Kopp jeffreykopp at ATT.NET
Thu Jul 3 05:10:53 UTC 2008

At 09:14 PM 07/02/08, Morgan wrote:
>US Grant?

Jargon-speaker Grant is on the $50.

My first thought was Dave was thinking of Sacajawea on the "golden dollar" coin. But then I realized she didn't speak Jargon (I don't think).

Wikipedia tells me the models for the Indian head nickel were Iron Tail (Oglala Sioux), Two Moons (Cheyenne) and John Big Tree (Seneca Irioquoix). None really Jargon country.

So a numismatist among us might come up with the obscure coin Dave is referring to,