souvenir coffee mug

David D Robertson ddr11 at COLUMBIA.EDU
Mon Jul 7 20:06:17 UTC 2008

On their website I see that they offer not only the mug with this logo, but
also t-shirts and more.

The trademarked slogan for the Skookum blend is "kaupy kahkwa koosah"
(coffee like heaven).  The first phrase of CJ ever to be trademarked?

You CJ people will also notice that this coffee company, though their store
is in Ketchikan, ships all orders from Tumwater, Washington...another CJ
connection.

--Dave

On Mon, 7 Jul 2008 12:00:58 -0700, Emmett Chase <emmett.chase at GMAIL.COM> wrote:

>Up in Fairbanks there is a feed store that carries a special blend of
>Ravens Brew coffee (www.ravensbrew.com) called Skookum Blend.  A
>friend who was there recently brought me back a travel mug advertising
>this blend.  On one side it says Halo Wawa, Muckamuck Kaupy (with a
>little TM sign) and on the other it says Shut Up and Drink The Coffee
>(also TM).  Also appears this little blurb:
>Skookum, means "strong/great" in the Chinook trade jargon of the
>mighty first nations of the great Northwest.  Skookum Blend (TM) is
>our tribute to those great cultures and their heritage that has so
>enriched and instructed the lives of all of us.
>
>There is also some nice artwork by someone named Ray Troll, depicting
>some First Nations people in a canoe.
>
>I have no idea how good the coffee is.
>
>To respond to the CHINOOK list, click 'REPLY ALL'.  To respond privately to
the sender of a message, click 'REPLY'.  Hayu masi!