Corpora: Keywords in texts

Gordon and Pam Cain gpcain at rivernet.com.au
Tue Aug 8 05:38:46 UTC 2000

Dear all--

Sorry for the delay in this reply, but hope this is of help:

See of course:
Scott, M 1998, WordSmith Tools Manual, version 3.0, Mike Scott and
Oxford University Press. Available from
http://www/liv.ac.uk/~ms2928/wordsmit.htm.

Also a helpful example:
Scott, M 1997, ‘PC analysis of key words – and key key words', System,
vol 25, no 2, 233-245.

And available on the WWW:
Tribble, C 1998?, ‘Genres, keywords, teaching: towards a pedagogic
account of the language of project proposals'. Available at
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Christopher_Tribble/Genre.htm

Also quite interesting if you can track it down, but not really on key
words per se:

Hoey, M 1997, ‘From concordance to text structure: New uses for computer
corpora', in Melia J, and Lewandowska B (eds), Proceedings of PALC 97,
Lodz University Press.

--
Gordon Cain
Teacher of ESOL