Corpora: Collocations and Genre / Discourse Community

Chris Gledhill cjg6 at st-andrews.ac.uk
Sat Aug 12 15:32:02 UTC 2000

Dear Gil,

Hello all!

>Does anyone know of articles about the use of
>co-occurance of words in text categorization?
>A recommendation of a good search engine for articles
>in IR/text categorization would also be very helpful.

I have published in similar areas to the ones you have mentioned:

Gledhill C. 1995b 'Collocation and Genre Analysis.' In Zeitschrift für
Anglistik und Amerkanistik XLIII, Vol. 1/1:11-36. ISSN 0044-2305.

Gledhill C. 1997  'Les collocations et la construction du savoir
scientifique.' in Martin J. Anglais de Spécialité  (ASp).  No. 15-18
:85-104. ISSN 1246 8185

Gledhill C. 1999b ‘The phraseology of rhetoric, collocations and
discourse in cancer research abstracts’ in C. Barron and N. Bruce (eds.) .
‘Knowledge and Discourse’ Proceedings of the International Multidisciplinary
Conference. Hong Kong: 18-21 June 1996. University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong.
April 1999. (This paper can be consulted at:
http://ec.hku.hk/kd96proc/authors/papers/gledhill.htm).

Gledhill C. 2000a ‘The Discourse Function of Collocation in Research Article
Introductions’. In English for Specific Purposes. Volume 19/2:115-135. 1
ISSN 0889-4906.

Gledhill C. 2000b Collocations in Science Writing. Language in Performance
Series No. 22, Tübingen, Gunter Narr Verlag. (pp270). ISBN 3-8233-4945-7.

Dr Christopher Gledhill

University of St Andrews
SOML
Union Street