Corpora: Legal corpus?

Christopher Cieri ccieri at ldc.upenn.edu
Fri Aug 25 20:59:24 UTC 2000

Puleng,

At LDC we have recently been looking around for sources of spoken legal interactions that might recorded for research purposes. We have in the past distributed things like statutory texts and Hansards (at http://www.ldc.upenn.edu/Catalog, see: LDC94T4A, LDC95T20, LDC98T32, LDC2000T47 and LDC2000T50) and have just begun investigating things like depositions and
the transcripts of open trials. I don't have much to report at the moment but will be very interested in other responses to your query. I should also say that we would be very interested in collaborating on efforts to develop such a resource.

Chris

--
Christopher Cieri
Executive Director, Linguistic Data Consortium
mailto:Christopher.Cieri at ldc.upenn.edu
http://www.ldc.upenn.edu