Corpora: inner structure/outer environment

Vladimir Rykov, PhD in Computational Linguistics, MOCKBA rykov2000 at mail.ru
Mon Aug 28 07:23:15 UTC 2000

     Fans of tagging may skip my letter.

     I would like to say thanks to the people who answered my question about
corpora variety.  People who research corpora variety  are  nice people. For me
the relationship is obvious :-)
     I am sorry I had realized that my Eudora saved texts of the  msgs only
after I had scratched the answeres. So some names are incomplete.

     They are:

Shlomo Izre'el, Ph.D.
Professor of Semitic Linguistics

Maria

Veronika Koller

Christopher Cieri
Executive Director, Linguistic Data Consortium

Bill Mann

     The paper  of  David Lee (David_Lee000 at hotmail.com) had caught my
attention. I mean the passages about the relationship between inner corpus
structure and outer speech/language environment which it (corpus and its
strucure) should represent.

I'd be grateful if anybody would give me any info about this topic.

                            Vladimir Rykov