Corpora: Re Michelle Straw - Corpora Request Eng-based Creoles & Pidgins

MIT2USA at aol.com MIT2USA at aol.com
Tue Aug 29 19:52:18 UTC 2000

<< Subjet :  Corpora: Corpora Request for English Based Creoles and Pidgins
Date :  8/29/00 10:23:00 W. Europe Daylight Time
From:   michelle at essex.ac.uk (Straw, Michelle C)
To: corpora at hd.uib.no

I am looking for any corpus containing texts or transcripts of dialogue for
English based Creoles and Pidgins. In particular I am interested in Jamaican
Creole. I am hoping to do some research into this area.

Michelle Straw >>

Michelle,

Mason Integrated Technologies (MIT2) is currently setting up collaborative
partnerships with several institutions that already have or are planning to
compile spoken and text language corpora for different Creoles, including
Jamaican Creole.

See our web site indicated in the signature file of this message for more
information.

Peter Patrick in the Linguistics dept at your university might also be a
source of assistance.

Regards,

MIT2 team

********************
Mason Integrated Technologies Ltd (MIT2)
P.O. Box 181015
Boston, MA  02118  USA
(617) 247-8885 (office & answering machine)
(617) 262-8923 (FAX)
MIT2USA at aol.com (e-mail)
Mason Integrated Technologies Ltd Home Page:
   http://hometown.aol.com/mit2usa/Index2.html
Introducing CreoleScan and CreoleConvert:
   http://hometown.aol.com/mit2usa/IntroCrScCrConv.htm
Meet the MIT2 Team:
   http://hometown.aol.com/mit2usa/CorpOff.htm
MIT2's Strategic Partners: