Corpora: corpora variety/summary

James L. Fidelholtz jfidel at siu.buap.mx
Wed Aug 30 14:17:41 UTC 2000

On Wed, 30 Aug 2000, Vladimir Rykov, PhD in Computational Linguistics,
MOCKBA wrote:

>     Fans of tagging may skip my letter again.
[snip]

Well, I don't know if I am a 'fan' of tagging, but I expect to be doing
a lot of it.  Please explain to me why tagging and genre distinctions
are mutually exclusive interests, since I also expect to divide my
corpus by genres, insofar as possible.  I absolutely do not see any even
slight degree of mutual exclusivity between the two.  Am I missing
something? Do taggers and generic types take swipes at each other for
reasons of personal animosities?  More seriously, I really do not
understand this or the previous similar comment.
	Jim

James L. Fidelholtz			e-mail: jfidel at siu.buap.mx
Posgrado en Ciencias del Lenguaje	tel.: +(52-2)229-5500 x5705
Instituto de Ciencias Sociales y Humanidades	fax: +(01-2) 229-5681
Benemιrita Universidad Autσnoma de Puebla, MΙXICO