Corpora: corpus of Gutenberg texts

Sebastian Hoffmann sebhoff at es.unizh.ch
Tue Feb 8 16:41:10 UTC 2000

Hello everyone,
I'm planning to compile a corpus of fiction and non-fiction texts for
a seminar on "The Making of Modern English Grammar". I'm mostly
interested in texts dating from the 18th and 19th centuries. I'm
currently thinking of (also) using a selection of the Gutenberg texts
for this purpose.
Is there any more information available on the texts (year of
publication etc.) so that I don't have to look up each text
individually? I have so far only seen lists that are ordered by
author name or the year of inclusion into the Gutenberg collection...
Any help is very welcome!
Sebastian Hoffmann
/  Sebastian Hoffmann           &   Lilian Lee Hoffmann            \
| e-Mail: sebhoff at es.unizh.ch   |   e-Mail: lilee at gmx.ch            |
| Bombachstrasse 22             |   CH-8049 Zurich/Switzerland      |
\  Phone: (41 1) 341 61 55      |   Fax: (41 1) 853 12 62          /