Corpora: language engineering

Tadeusz Piotrowski tadpiotr at ii.uni.wroc.pl
Wed Feb 16 12:35:20 UTC 2000

Dear Everybody,

I was recently trying to find out what exactly the notion language
engineering means, or what it includes. Of course I have a sort of hazy idea
what it is, but I was trying to find a more precise explanation, and I could
not. Corpus linguistics seems to be one of the items language engineering
does relate to. But would language planning also be a type of language
engineering? Or is engineering related only to the technical aspects in this
phrase?
I would be grateful for any ideas or references.
Thank you.
Best regards,

Tadeusz Piotrowski
                                              mailing address
Department of English
Opole University                    Zielinskiego 47/11
Oleska 48                              PL-53-533 Wroclaw
Opole
POLAND
              phone/fax (+48)71-3382664