Corpora: language engineering

Mark Lewellen lewellen at erols.com
Wed Feb 16 18:10:37 UTC 2000

I don't know of a usage of "language engineering" related to "language
planning".
A description of the technical use of the term is:  "language engineering"
is to NLP
development as "software engineering" is to software development--it implies
structured, well-organized approach to NLP development, as oppposed to
seat-of-the-pants
development.

Mark Lewellen