Corpora: Finding Corpora at LDC

Christopher Cieri ccieri at ldc.upenn.edu
Mon Jan 17 23:24:02 UTC 2000

Dear Corpora Readers,

Since this came up earlier today, I thought I'd sent a brief note
explaining where the LDC catalog lives and how to access it. The LDC's
Catalog is available at:
    www.ldc.upenn.edu/Catalog.
There's also a link from our home page. Within the catalog, one can view
the entire publications list sorted by, for example, the year in which
the corpora were published, the type of data they contain (text, speech
lexicon), the research program they support (TREC, TDT), etc. One can
also search the catalog by, for example, corpus name, language, data
type, recommended application, etc.

A catalog entry gives the name and ISBN number of the publication, the
size of the corpus, when it was published, the type of data it contains
and whether we are permitted to distribute it to non-members. Where
appropriate, the catalog entry also contains links to technical
documentation and the LDC Online version of the corpus where text and
speech are searchable and accessible via the WWW.

If you have suggestions about how the catalog can be made more useful
please let us know.

Best wishes,
Chris
--
Christopher Cieri
Executive Director, Linguistic Data Consortium
mailto:Christopher.Cieri at ldc.upenn.edu
http://www.ldc.upenn.edu