Corpora: Open research positions in ontological engineering

Nicola Guarino Nicola.Guarino at ladseb.pd.cnr.it
Sun May 21 13:03:03 UTC 2000

Open research positions in ontological engineering

LADSEB-CNR has recently become involved in an European industrial
project focused on ontology-driven knowledge management/knowledge
extraction in multiple domains. Within this project, we will be
committed to build a general reference ontology with lexical links to
English and Italian, and to offer methodological consultancy for
domain-specific ontology-driven conceptual modeling and information
retrieval mainly in the fields of Banking and Insurance. Other
related projects will involve ontology-based harmonization of
meta-data standards, especially in the field of e-commerce.

We are looking for motivated people to join a research team in which
the sophisticated ontology design principles we have developed in the
past few years will be challenged by very concrete engineering goals.

We are planning for two researchers with a PhD in computer science,
computational lingustics, philosophy or equivalent experience, whose
salary and formal position will depend on their qualifications.
Further research grants are planned for somebody willing to spend
some time here working on a PhD topic related to the project.

Contracts are for 1 year starting on September 2000, with the
possibility of extending them for up to 2 years.

European citizenship is preferred (although not strictly required)
for the above positions; shorter visiting positions may be negotiated
with non-European citizens.

For further information contact:

Nicola Guarino
National Research Council	phone: +39 O49 8295751
LADSEB-CNR		fax:   +39 O49 8295763
Corso Stati Uniti, 4		email: Nicola.Guarino at ladseb.pd.cnr.it
I-35127 Padova, Italy

http://www.ladseb.pd.cnr.it/infor/ontology/ontology.html