Corpora: looking for corpus of on-line dialogues

Harold Somers Harold at fs1.ccl.umist.ac.uk
Wed Nov 1 12:36:29 UTC 2000

Can anyone point me towards a corpus of typed on-line dialogues
between humans using something like UNIX's talk. I know I could
log a chat-room, but that is not quite the type of data I need,
unless it is a private chat between two participants. ALso, I already
know about the Loebner prozxe website which has a feww
examplkes of such things. I'd rally like to get my hands on much
more volume than that website offers, even though it is a goiod
starting point for what I want to do.

I would prefer English text, subject matter doesn't matter - in fact
the more varied the better. Typos also not a problem.

I posted a similar request about 2.5 years ago ... most replies
suggested chat rooms, which are not entirely suitable.

Replies to me Harold.Somers at umist.ac.uk please. I will post a
summary of useful suggestions in due course.

Harold Somers
Professor of Language Engineering, UMIST

preferred email address for all correspondence:
Harold.Somers at umist.ac.uk