Corpora: English dialogue corpora

Matthew Purver matthew.purver at kcl.ac.uk
Fri Oct 6 16:44:38 UTC 2000

Hi there,

I'm trying to compile a list of corpora that might be useful for a
dialogue project we're starting. We're looking for natural
(i.e. non-context-influenced) conversations in English, and aren't too
worried about format, although PoS tags and prosodic data would be nice.

Currently I know about:

BNC
ICE-GB
HCRC Map Task
London-Lund
Bergen London Teenage Language (COLT)
Wellington Spoken English
TRAINS
SWITCHBOARD

Does anyone know of any others I should be considering? I'll make up a
list from any replies I get and post it here for anyone interested.

thanks,
Matt

--
Matthew Purver  <matthew.purver at kcl.ac.uk>

Computational Linguistics and Natural Language Processing Group
Department of Computer Science
King's College London, Strand, London WC2R 2LS