Corpora: sloppiness in e-mails

Jasper Holmes j.w.holmes at 3f.co.uk
Tue Apr 10 09:34:04 UTC 2001

With due respect to Geoffrey, I think that excessively long emails are
far more of an imposition than unedited ones. For myself, I do often
read over what I've written to check it expresses what I intend it to,
but that is for my benefit, not the reader's/s'.

Incidentally, you implicitly acknowledge that an email message is not
the same kind of text as a letter in your mailing: no salutation,
address at the bottom, ...

best
Jasper