Corpora: WordSmith Tools Order Info

Bruce Lambert lambertb at uic.edu
Thu Apr 19 15:46:29 UTC 2001

Thanks to Tony, Mike and others for the pointers to WordSmith Tools.

What's really confusing is that from Mike Scott's page
(http://www.liv.ac.uk/~ms2928/homepage.html) I link to http://www4.oup.co.uk/
  and from there I search and link to http://www4.oup.co.uk/isbn/0-19-459283-9
  and then to http://www4.oup.co.uk/bookshop/
  and then to http://www4.oup.co.uk/bookshop/#usa
  and then to http://www.oup-usa.org/
When I search the US site there is no entry for WordSmith! When I contacted
the customer service people at Oxford University Press America, they did
not know what I was talking about ("uhh, maybe contact our electronics
department?").

Pretty strange marketing strategy by Oxford.

By the way, Mike Scott says the best contact person is: "Newlands, Joanne"
<NewlandJ at oup.co.uk>

-bruce