Corpora: Re: Typing accents in Windows/Words (US-kbd)

F. CHRISTIANSEN chifc at ARTS-01.NOVELL.LEEDS.AC.UK
Fri Apr 20 09:46:22 UTC 2001

In Word, try Insert - Symbol from the top menu bar. Click on the
relevant symbol. It displays a shortcut key binding like CTRL+:,A for
"a umlaut". You can  define your own key binding by pressing the
"shortcut key" bar to make even shorter shortcuts like ALT+C for "c
cedille" instead of CTRL+,,C. The characters can be pasted into
other Windows applications, but the key bindings only work in Word
 (they are saved in normal.dot, if you are lucky).