Corpora: lexicography software

Tadeusz Piotrowski tadpiotr at plusnet.pl
Thu Apr 26 10:51:35 UTC 2001

Dear All
The usual apologies for multiple postings to all participants.
I am updating my book on lexicography, and of course there will be big
changes in the chapter on computer support of dictionary-making.
I would be very grateful if you could let me know of any software that in
your opinion is particularly useful to a (real-life, commercial, etc.)
lexicographer, especially for:
- corpus building
- corpus analysis (in particular the semantic dimension)
- support for writing entries (lexicographer's workbenches).
I would be interested in particular in tools that can be used in small
projects.
Don't hesitate to let me know of applications that you think are very
well-known.
Thank you.
Best regards
Tadeusz Piotrowski
Professor in Linguistics
                                              mailing address
Department of English
Opole University                    Chrobrego 20
Oleska 48                              PL-55-020 Zorawina (Zórawina)
Opole
POLAND
              phone/fax (+48)71-3165847
              mobile (+48)607159263