Corpora: Apostrophes

Alex Chengyu Fang alex_chengyu at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Dec 19 15:42:25 UTC 2001

No offence, Simon. We post to corpora not to be
pleased but to discuss and to be discussed, truth
being one of the grand principles. Be it a
grammarian's guide to good English or a layman's
observation of bad uses, we can't be more divided over
the so-called prescriptive and descriptive approaches,
unfortunately.

I came across the web site of "The Apostrophe
Protection Society" but must claim that I'm not a
member, though they may well think I deserve to be one
:-)

http://www.apostrophe.fsnet.co.uk/

Regards,

Alex