Corpora: AmerIndian:Sweet Grass Cree

Yuri Tambovtsev yutamb at mail.cis.ru
Sat Dec 29 19:56:10 UTC 2001

Dear colleagues, I'm feeding in my computer somestories of the Sweet Grass Cree collected by L. Bloomfield. I was surprised how similar it sounds to Mansi (Vogul) of Siberia. I wonder if anybody could tell me if the Sweet Grass Cree language is agglutinative or incorporating? My aim is to detect the similarity of sound distribution in the languages of different morphological word structure. I failed to find the data on the phonemic occurrence of North American Indian languages. I wonder if there were any publications in this field of linguistics? Please, answer to my e-mail address: yutamb at hotmail.com Looking forward to hearing from you soon. Remain yours most hopefully Yuri Tambovtsev, Novosibirsk, Russia