Corpora: Phrase dictionaries

Andrew Harley aharley at cambridge.org
Thu Feb 1 10:07:31 UTC 2001

At 12:26 AM 01/02/2001 +0200, Pasi Tapio Tyrvainen wrote:

>I am looking for single and multilingual collocational resources,
>such as phrase and idiom dictionaries, preferably alligned with
>their counterparts / phrases in other languages phrase by phrase.
>
>What sources would you recommend? I assume there are also domain-specific
>collections or definitions available (e.g. controlled technical
>terminology)
>- how to find a listing/summary of those?
>
>Thank you in advance,
>
>Pasi.Tyrvainen at jyu.fi

Cambridge dictionaries <http://www.cambridge.org/elt/reference/data.htm>
include:

* CIDE+ (with significant collocations highlighted in example sentences)
* Cambridge International Dictionary of Idioms
* Cambridge International Dictionary of Phrasal Verbs
* The Word Routes/Selector series contains six parallel bilingual thesauri
(English with French, Spanish, Catalan, Greek, Italian, Portuguese).

Andrew Harley
Systems Development Manager
English Language Teaching & Dictionaries
Cambridge University Press
http://www.cambridge.org/elt

Direct line: (01223)325880

Cambridge Dictionaries Online (8 million searches since August 1999):
http://dictionary.cambridge.org

Cambridge International Dictionary of English on CD-ROM:
http://www.cambridge.org/elt/cide