Corpora: Standard character set for India languages & etc.

Gann Ketty gann_ketty at bah.com
Mon Mar 12 22:04:57 UTC 2001

****Apologize for those who have seen the same posting on Linguist
List****

Dear netter,

I'm working on mapping tables (character set to UNICODE) for several
foreign languages. I'd like to know the national standard character set
(other than UNICODE) for the following languages. For instance, standard

character sets for Chinese are BIG5 & GB2312. If there is no standard
character set for a specific language, I need to know the most popular
character set being used and where I'm able to acquire the electronic
data (prefer web site):
(1) Azerbaijan
(2) Bengali
(3) Kannada
(4) Lao
(5) Punjabi
(6) Tamil
(7) Urdu

Please reply me directly. Thank you in advance!

Ketty Gann
Language Technology Manager
Booz.Allen & Hamilton Inc.