Corpora: Summary2 on tagsets as feature structure

Petya Osenova petyaosenova at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 6 07:32:52 UTC 2001

Dear corpora list subscribers,

Some time ago I asked you the following question:

"Are you aware of  tagsets which encode the mnemonic names for the
lexical
items not just as atomic values for some grammatical features
(i.e.Ncpl for common noun plural), but as  feature structures with complex
values
(cat:noun, agr:[gen:fem,num:pl])"

As I got some more answers,I would like to report them in public again. I
thank the following people for sending to me their suggestions:

1. Kemal Oflazer, who referred to the morphological tagset:
http://www.nlp.cs.bilkent.edu.tr/Center/Corpus and
http://www.nlp.cs.bilkent.edu.tr/Turklang/corpus/tagged-corpus/

2. Julien Nioche, who referred to the following link:
http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/nioche0lusing.html

3. Benoot Habert, who referred to the following article:

Julien Nioche and Benoît Habert, Using feature structures as a unifying
representation format for corpora exploration.In:Corpus Linguistics 2001
p. 401-412,2001,ed. Paul Rayson, Andrew Wilson, Tony McEnery, Andrew
Hardie,Shereen Khoja, Lancaster,University Centre for Computer Corpus
Research on
Language

Best,

Petya Osenova