FW: Corpora: History of plagiarism

Matthew T. Bell mbell at cs.pitt.edu
Thu Nov 8 15:10:14 UTC 2001

Out of curiousity, I wonder under what circumstances this is considered
plagerism, even in modern times.  C.S. Lewis took the Psyche/Eros myth
when he wrote Till We Have Faces.  It seems like there are other necessary
conditions for being a plagerist than copying another older work.
What is the definition of plagerism?

-- Matt