[Corpora-List] Wordsmith concordance

Ramesh Krishnamurthy ramesh at easynet.co.uk
Wed Dec 18 18:14:38 UTC 2002

Dear Anne

I too suspect that a technical problem in text selection or tags/tabs
is the most likely cause.
But if these are not involved, check the concordance again. Are the lines
exact duplicates? If not, it could be genuine repetition (especially in spoken
texts). Lexical repetition is an under-reported linguistic phenomenon, but is
frequently noticed in corpus collocation studies.

Ramesh

Ramesh Krishnamurthy
Hon. Res. Fellow, Univ. of Birmingham
Consultant, Cobuild and Bank of English Corpus