Corpora: WordSmith and tag attributes

Eric Akkerman e.akkerman at let.vu.nl
Fri May 17 08:57:51 UTC 2002

Dear list members,

I have a number of files in which sgml-tags with attributes
are used to mark different sections, e.g.: <section id=5>.
Using WordSmith's Concord (version 3), I want to see this
tag with it's attribute value in the column (nearest)
"Tag". Following the manual, I made a tag file containing
the tag description <section id=#>. However, in stead of
showing the actual attribute value in the Tag-column for
each concordance line, Concord shows just that: <section
id=#>.
Does anyone know what I should do to see the actual
attribute values in the concordance? N.B. I also tried
<section *>, with the same result.

Yours kindly,

Eric Akkerman

Bureau Informatisering /
Studiegebied Toegepaste Informatica Letteren
Vrije Universiteit
de Boelelaan 1105
1081 HV Amsterdam
Tel.:   +31 (0)20 4446428