[Corpora-List] wsmith 4

Mike Scott mike at lexically.net
Sun Oct 6 22:33:19 UTC 2002

WordSmith 4 is not out yet. I am working very hard on it, but it is a
complete re-write because of numerous changes (eg. in the operating
systems) and this -- with my other academic reponsibilities to take care of
too -- has taken me much longer than I thought it would. WordList is
basically done. Concord is very nearly finished. There are a number of
other tools which are ready and others which I haven't managed to do yet; I
haven't yet had time to re-write the Help system. I may have a version out
for you to try by 18th October 2002.

Cheers -- Mike

At 13:27 06/10/2002 +0200, P. Kaszubski wrote:
>Hello,
>
>Does anyone know if WordSmith 4 is out yet, and can be tried. I have
>not been able to really fathom this from Mike Scott's page. I am a
>registered user of version 3 and can't wait to upgrade. Thanks,
>
>Przemek
>
>=======================================
>Dr Przemyslaw Kaszubski
>t: +48 61 8293515