[Corpora-List] data analysis packages

Sampo Nevalainen samponev at cc.joensuu.fi
Thu Oct 31 13:10:26 UTC 2002

Dear corpus fellows

I'd like to know if there are any "general" statistical packages desigend
specifically for the needs of corpus linguistics? What packages you have
found most useful / most powerful / most user friendly? I would personally
prefer a free or a modestly priced add-in for Excel (or an independent
Windows program capable of working with Excel), and the package should
provide the most important statistical procedures applied in CL, starting
from simple things, such as chi-square tests, upto more complex
multivariate analysis, etc.

To avoid unnecessary e-mail traffic, please answer directly to me; I will
send a summary to the corpus list.

TIA

sampo

( : ============================================= : )

Sampo Nevalainen, M.A.
Researcher
University of Joensuu
Savonlinna School of Translation Studies
P.O.Box 48
FIN-57101 Savonlinna
FINLAND

tel     +358-15-511 70      (operator)