[Corpora-List] Corpora in EFL testing

P. Kaszubski przemka at amu.edu.pl
Fri Sep 27 08:30:50 UTC 2002

A most interesting question - would you post a summary? If you mean
some corpus-based CALL applications, I have not heard of too many
applications of corpora for langaueg testing in general except for
John Higgins' programs and the node-blanking functions of
concordancers (WordSmith, ConcApp). If this is of any interest, a
student of mine has been working on a TestBuilder project and is
almost ready to make the program accessible. Feel free to browse her
abstract & our joint powerpoint presentation from my corpus
linguistics seminar page. The name to click on is Wojnowska:
http://main.amu.edu.pl/~przemka/diplsem1.html.

Przemek Kaszubski

On 27 Sep 2002 at 10:02, Cameron Smart wrote:

> Dear All
>
> Due to a slight career shift, I now find myself in a virtually corpus-free working environment.
>
> I was wondering if anybody could point me towards any publications related to the use of corpora and EFL testing. Any advice/ personal experiences relating to the use of corpora in an examinations/assessment context would also be appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Cameron Smart

=======================================
Dr Przemyslaw Kaszubski