[Corpora-List] LSA downloads?

Miles Efron mefron at metalab.unc.edu
Tue Feb 4 14:27:26 UTC 2003

Telcordia (formerly Bellcore) offers LSA/LSI software for academic use.
To request a copy, go to:

http://lsi.research.telcordia.com/

This package handles all the steps in applying LSI to a corpus.  However,
it is only available as precompiled binaries for Solaris, I think.

You might also try Michael Berry's SVDPACK (Fortran) or SVDPACKC (C port),
available from netlib.org.  This won't handle the creation of
term-document matrices, but provides open source SVD software for large,
sparse matrices.  It will compile under a variety of Unix-type operating
systems.

Best.
-Miles

On Mon, 3 Feb 2003, Matthew T. Bell wrote:

> Dear Corpora List,
>
> Does anyone know of a website or other repository from which source code
> for performing LSA (including the indexing step) on a new corpus could be
> downloaded?  I'd be especially interested in knowing if there are any
> ports to Windows, but any version would be great.
>
> Thanks,
> Matt
>
> Matthew Bell
> Graduate Student