[Corpora-List] Chinese POS tagging

Philip Resnik resnik at umiacs.umd.edu
Wed Feb 12 20:20:47 UTC 2003

I'm wondering whether anyone can point me to a high quality (>90% word
accuracy) POS tagger for Chinese using the Penn Chinese Treebank tag
set.  We've been experimenting with several approaches and have not
met with a great deal of success.

We're already aware of some previous mail on the CORPORA list
regarding Chinese taggers (http://www.hit.uib.no/corpora/2001-2/0267.html)
and we're also not looking to re-start the high level discussion of how
to characterize POS for Chinese -- an interesting discussion on that
can already be found at http://www.hit.uib.no/corpora/1999-1/0050.html.

Any guidance would be appreciated.  Please reply to me personally and
I will post a summary to the list if there is interest.

Thanks!

  Philip Resnik, Associate Professor
  Department of Linguistics and Institute for Advanced Computer Studies

  1401 Marie Mount Hall            UMIACS phone: (301) 405-6760
  University of Maryland           Linguistics phone: (301) 405-8903
  College Park, MD 20742 USA	   Fax: (301) 314-2644 / (301) 405-7104
  http://umiacs.umd.edu/~resnik	   E-mail: resnik at umiacs.umd.edu